XFS is in rapid development in the past three years, I'd like to give an update with new features, significant improvements after upstream 3.0, as well as the coming things.
- Improve metadata performance and scalability with delaylog enabled by default.
- Online discard(aka TRIM) for solid-state drives (SSDs) and thinly-provisioned storage.
- SEEK_DATA/SEEK_HOLE as well as the refinement.
- Better disk quota caching, speedup in-memory quota searching as well as scalability.
- Kill xfsbufd daemon in favour of on-stack delayed buffer writeback lists
- Reduce exclusive ilock hold times.
- Refactored inode allocator.
- New xfsalloc workqueue, resolve kernel 4k stack exceeding.
- Support project and group quota at the same time.
- Online shrinking.
- CRC check.
Junier kernel developer, experienced system admin.